All of the parking on Rice campus is paid parking, and most of the parking around the campus is limited or restricted. But we have your back with the information you need to know!
First, here is a link to the campus map, which shows the various parking lots.
Here are the important bits:
- Rice Memorial Center (RMC): Center of the convention; registration area; food
- The "daily maximum" is the maximum daily charge per entry; if you exit and re-enter, the charges restart
- If you are attending a typical OwlCon event, the minutes/dollar for most lots is irrelevant (If you are parking for 4 hours or more, you will hit maximum (per visit) charge for any of the lots)
- Central Campus Garage (Covered): $12 maximum, 1-2 min. walk from RMC, most convenient to RMC
- North Lot: $12 maximum (per visit), 4 min. walk from RMC
- West Lot: $12 maximum (per visit), 6 min. walk from RMC
- Founder's Court Visitor's Lot: $12 maximum (per visit), 6 min. walk from RMC, closest parking for Sewall Hall events
- Greenbriar Lot: $2 maximum (per visit), 13 min. walk from RMC, by far the cheapest option
Additional details about parking at Rice University can be found on this page dedicated to Rice University Parking.